2024 Rulebook Proposals - Dec 1 Deadline

Discussion in 'Rule Book Proposals' started by ctardi, Nov 15, 2023.

1. ctardi

ctardi Moderator WMRC Exec

2024 Rulebook Proposals

Please submit your proposals here.
    rules are....
    1) Quote the section(s) and sub section to be edited
    2) If it is a "new" proposal, please include the section it would be submitted to
    3) The "wording" should be as accurate as possible
    4) You MUST me a WMRC member that holds a current membership

Thank you for your input!

2. FilipCzarnecki

FilipCzarnecki New Member

7.2 and 7.13: (f118 and f115) add the following for clarification as this is how it currently is so NOT a new change, but the current wording doesn't explicitly say if you get to keep or lose your points when you become "ineligible" for racing in this class:

- Points earned prior to disqualification will not be forfeited and will count towards the year end standings (and trophy?) in this class.

3. FilipCzarnecki

FilipCzarnecki New Member

Can we split superbike into 600's and 1000's and score them separately so the 600 guys and gals have 2 classes they can compete in and therefore be eligible for the club championship? we don't need a staggered start or anything or placing us at the back - we just want to feel more competitive when most of the 1000's wreck us

4. spero

spero Team Modern Racing

We all know that there is no passing under a waved yellow flag but the way the rulebook states it is dangerous. This past season Jasmin was leading a race and caught lapped riders entering T3 which had a waved yellow so she did not pass them but the rider in 2nd passed her and them going into the corner.

Current rule: (5th bullet point)
    NO PASSING between flagging station and beyond
    accident or obstruction area. Penalty for violation is
    disqualification or worse.

To give some examples, Canadian Superbike rulebook states no passing from line of sight to waved yellow flag to incident while MotoAmerica rulebook states no passing from standing yellow to next standing green flag.

Even though line of sight is not as clearly defined that might be the better option for us.

5. spero

spero Team Modern Racing

We should raise the 200hp limit in Open Supersport so that all my friends on the latest & greatest bikes don't get protested.

On that note I personally don't want to have the top bikes run on the dyno after the race for many reasons:
    - It can be easily circumvented with the flip of a switch.
    - Extra expense for the WMRC.
    - Extra wear & tear.
    - Less time until the next race.
    - Lastly and most importantly I will miss the start of Jasmin's race. ;-)