December 10, 2018 Meeting Minutes

Discussion in 'WMRC Meeting Minutes' started by ducatigirl, Dec 15, 2018.

1. ducatigirl

ducatigirl Moderator WMRC Exec

Attending:

Members: 10
    Non Members: 0

In addition to:

Jason Hanson – President
    Jeremy Karlson – Vice President
    Brett Hanson- Treasurer
    Brian Jensen – Promotions
    Pam Black – Secretary

Meeting was called to order at 7:15 by Jason Hanson

Minutes from the November general meeting were read by Pam Black. Motion to accept was made by Jason Hanson, seconded by Andrew Marles.

Treasurer Report:
    Brett Hanson advised our current bank balance as of December 8th was $118,053.20 and debits included recharging of fire extinguishers, website domain renewal, bank fees, award corrections, and an executive dinner. Outstanding bills include the BC Society filing and the last invoice for radio rentals with an estimated balance of $116,194.32

Promotions:
    Brian Jensen reported that he has been in talks with both the WMRRA and OMRRA clubs to discuss our upcoming seasons and cross club participation.
    He has also been working on our poster for next season and contacting last year’s sponsors to firm up their commitments for 2019.

We will be having a booth at the bike show again this January, and do need a few volunteers. If you are interested in helping out, please contact Pam Black with your availability

New Business:
    Our 2019 dates have been confirmed and read as follows:

May 10 School / racer practice
    11 race round 1
    12 race round 2
    May 18 track day
    19 race round 3
    20 race round 4
    June 14 track day
    July 12 track day / race school
    13 race round 5
    14 race round 6
    August 30 track day
    31 race round 7
    Sept 1 race round 8
    Sept 2 endurance

If you are interested in committing to being a race school instructor this season, please contact Jeremy Karlson as soon as possible.

There was some discussion regarding the proposed rule book changes. All proposals have gone to the rule book committee for review and any changes to the rule book will be posted once finalized.

A suggestion was brought forward that people with more than one bike on track days, be allowed to purchase another session for the second bike on a sliding scale. This will be discussed further, but Brett pointed out that eventzilla is changing their rate structure and that purchasing a second session for a reduced fee might be counterproductive for us.

Nick Dudziak, on behalf of several Formula Ultra racers, requested that consideration be given to moving the Formula Ultra race to earlier in the day’s schedule and moving Novice Open to the last race of the day. The hope being that with this change, more of the novice racers will stay for track teardown.
    This will also be discussed further.

Paul Ludwig pointed out some mechanical concerns with the crash truck and Nick Dudziak will take a look at the issues before the season starts.

Jason Hanson moved that the meeting be adjourned at 8 pm, seconded by Andrew Marles, "thirded" by Jeremy Karlson.

Minutes submitted by Pam Black.

2. jcathie

jcathie Member

Instead of another money-losing endurance race this year, why not think about an endurance race every other year and this year make the final 3 days double points days? That would really stir up any championship points battles because in 3 days you've got the same amount of points up for grabs as the first 6 rounds of the entire season. It could really turn things upside-down.

Or.

Stay with this schedule and see if we can raise some sponsor cash for a purse for the endurance race that might draw more competitors.

Resurrecting the old Can-Am series from days past would be cool too.

Just throwing it out there to see if anything sticks.

3. Andrew Marles

Andrew Marles Moderator

I think the idea is that if we make it more regular then more people will participate in the endurance event. It seemed to actually be very popular with both racers and volunteers. I know there were a bunch of people that missed the event last year that would like to do it. If it becomes a regular thing, then people will sort of plan for it and build a cheap bike to run in it. I think that as long as the executive does it with eyes open (and on the bank balance) it's good to do it for the club to have the variety.

4. jcathie

jcathie Member

I know there was a lot of really happy people when it was over. I didn't know if it was a euphoria that would translate into something tangible; like more entries next time around. If we get more people on track this year, I'm all for it.

I really hope Doug gives it another try this year.

5. seandcontracting

seandcontracting Smile!

That endurance was frantic, fun and never ending! The best experience in road racing I’ve ever had. We will get more teams, and we will have to work to gain a sponsor.

And yes, Doug will be back next year!! :)

6. seandcontracting

seandcontracting Smile!

I will sponsor the Endurance race this year, E&S Heating & Air Conditioning. Vancouver Island company that gets no customer groove on the Mainland. I want to sponsor to help out and watch other racers come up! Cam-Am would be epic. Let’s bring a big group out for epic racing!

jcathie likes this.
  7. jcathie

jcathie Member

That is really cool, Sean.

Thanks!